This website is owned and operated by Belivme Healthcare Services Private. Limited., a Company incorporated under the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013, having its registered address at, F 805, Smondo – 3 Neo Town, Electronic City Phase-1, Bangalore, Karnataka, 560 100 (the “Company”, “Belivme” or “we” or “us” or “our”). The Company owns, operates and hosts the website bearing the name “BELIVME”, accessible at www.belivme.com.
Belivme Healthcare Services and its affiliates, are committed to protecting and respecting User privacy and aim at providing you with the information, options and choices necessary for you to control how we use your information. Owing to the nature of our Services, we understand that certain Sensitive Medical and Personal information about users may be shared via our Platform. However, the Company respects its Users privacy and does not collect or store any Sensitive Medical Information.
The controller of your personal information is BelivMe. The Company may provide products and services through its affiliated companies. The affiliates act as a Data Controller with respect to the personal information processed, used, and stored as a part of the services and activities conducted by such affiliates. Certain services and activities may be conducted by several of the Company’s affiliates.
For the purposes of this Policy;
“Expert” shall mean and refer to, and have the same meaning as has been given to, any person who is either a ‘clinical psychologist’, ‘medical practitioner’, ‘mental health nurse’, ‘mental health professional’, ‘psychiatric social worker’ and/or a ‘psychiatrist’ as per the provisions of The Mental Healthcare Act, 2017 and who has entered into an agreement/contract with the Company to provide his/her services on the Company’s Platform;
Sensitive Medical Information” shall mean all such mental health, mental healthcare, treatment and physical healthcare related information of a person, over which he/she has a ‘Right to Confidentiality’ as per Section 23 of the Mental Healthcare Act, 2017;
“Services” shall mean the services being provided by the Company as mentioned above, which relates to serving as a medium and/or platform for people to connect with Mental health experts and obtain counselling and/or other mental healthcare services accessed through the website within the Area of Operation and;
“Session” shall mean a counselling session, booking and/or appointment made by a User through the Company Platform in order to consult with a mental health expert,
This policy sets out:
- Information collected
- Usage of information
- Promotional updates and communications
- Information sharing
- Storage of Information
- Processing of payments
- Protection of Information, including minor’s information
- Duration of Information storage
- Rights of information providers
- Changes to this policy
- Contact us
1. Collection of Information
The following information may be collected or received
- Direct sharing of personal information. Information containing names and addresses, age, country, city, contact number and company/organization that you are associated with, which are shared while subscribing to services by the User. Information that one would usually include in a resume/job profile/curriculum vitae including name, contact details including e-mail address and mobile number, work experience, educational qualifications, data relating to your current and past remuneration or salary, a copy of your resume, etc. when you register on the Platform
- Automatically collecting information, collected each time the Site and/or App is visited and used by the User. This includes technical information, information about User visit, and User location data.
- Location data: Information relating to Users real time location might be collected to fulfil certain aspects of our services or to enable 3rd Party Partners to fulfil their obligations. This is done solely to provide location services if requested or agreed to, in order to deliver content and services that are dependent on knowing where you are, in order to meet service-related requirements. Please note that we only collect your live location on the Site/App if the same specifically allowed in your settings. If such a setting is not selected then we will not collect your live location unless you are accessing the Site/App or availing our services. This information is collected in combination with an ‘identifier’ associated with your device to enable us to recognise your mobile browser or device when you return to the Site/App. You may turn off location access using your device or not provide us your location, however, please note that without the ability to collect your location we might not be able to provide you the certain services.
- Device information: The devices used (mobile phones, computers, tablets, etc.) to access Website services such as the hardware models, operation system information, software information and version, file names, language preferences, IP address, cookie information, advertising identifiers, browser version, device settings, and mobile network information. The Website may recognise Users devices to provide the User with personalised experiences and advertising across the services available.
- User profile: If you are a visitor to the website, creating a user profile is optional. If you register for a user account on the website, we may collect certain information such as your e-mail address, username and password.
- User content: We will collect any user/customer content that is not Sensitive Medical Information, which may include information contained in your user account, as well as photos or other image files and associated metadata. Please note that other users of the Website may be able to download and extract any images, posts etc. shared publicly on the Website. Furthermore, the collected user content may also be used by the Company for marketing/advertising purposes and to provide the User(s) with promotional updates, in-application messages and/or push messages about products and/or services. You should avoid uploading images with embedded location data. Do not include financial account numbers, social security numbers or any other sensitive or confidential personal information in your content submissions on the Application/Website
- When you communicate with BelivMe or use the Platform to communicate with other Users (such as Experts), we collect information about your communication and any information you may choose to provide in the course of such communication. Please note that we do not store or will have access to any of the Sessions booked by a user through our platform nor do we collect and store any Sensitive Medical Information on a User. The same shall only be accessible to the Expert, who shall be bound by his/her own laws, regulations and oaths with respect to the handling of Sensitive Medical Information.
- The Company shall collect only such information that is permitted by law (including but not limited to The Mental Healthcare Act, 2017, the Company may record and monitor your communications with us to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and our internal policies. This may include the recording of telephone conversations (if any);
- Financial Data: We utilize 3rd party payment system to process all financial transactions and the Company is not provided with any personal data related to your transaction.
- We may also collect information that you submit when you contact the customer support, or otherwise submit information to the Company, including email address, and other information submitted during your use of the Platform however, the same will not include any Sensitive Medical Information.
- Information received from other sources.
- If there is use of any of the other websites or apps we operate or other services provided by us, we collect such information as may be required while providing such other services.
- From third parties through whom the User is able to access or register for the services (e.g. where you are able to log in with a Google or Facebook account).
- From associated or affiliate third parties, whom the Company closely works with in order to provide its services.
- In case Website receives or collects any such data as mentioned above, the User will be informed when such data is being collected and if such data is intended to be shared internally and/or combined with data automatically collected on this site. The purpose of such usage shall also be intimated to the User.
- The website works closely with third parties (including but not limited to, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers). Users are hereby notified that the platform will receive information about the User from such third parties and will be notified, from time to time of the purposes for which the website intends to use such information.
- Depending on the nature of the dealings with User and/or the services provided, the Website may collect other types of personal data from third parties, including:
- personal data relating to any complaints you make or are made about you, including recording of any calls in that regard;
- personal data collected and held via financial or payment systems about the payment mechanism or method that you might use (including credit card details) and the payments you may make for our services or any services procured or booked using Platform;
- personal data collected by third-party marketing, survey and advertising service providers;
- personal data provided to any partners while accessing/using the Platform, including but not limited to employee information provided to companies;
- personal data which is accessible from the User’s use of online sites or applications in which the Website has an interest (such as messages for the purposes of issuing and receiving one-time passwords and other device verification) and device-related or device-generated personal data. The latter might include User device details, device IDs, your location, network connections, network access and communication and session data. Location data may also be collected or derived from IP addresses, mobile numbers and network information.
2. Usage of Information
- Information collected by this Website will help informing the design and implementation of the Platform. The Website may also use information provided by the User to operate and improve the functionality of the website. Apart from this, information collected/provided will be used to take steps in order to enter into any contract or carry out any service obligations arising from any contract entered into between User(s) and us;
- Administering User account within the site;
- Verification of any financial transactions being carried out in relation to payments made through the site.
- Information collected whilst using the Platform Services: The Company will only use your personal data and the information so collected in a fair and reasonable manner, and where we have a lawful reason to do so. The use of your personal data depends on the purpose for which you interact with us and we may process your Personal Information (does not include Sensitive Medical Information) for the following purposes:
- Providing our services and products to you including to send you alerts, calendar alerts with respect to your session, relevant search results, recommended Experts and other social media communication facilities;
- Protecting our Users and providing you with customer support;
- To keep the Services safe and secure;
- We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. When showing you tailored content, we will not associate an identifier from cookies or similar technologies with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
- For measuring or understanding the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To improve the Services of the Platform and its contents in order to ensure that the same is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Conducting market research and surveys with the aim of improving our services and getting feedback on experts as well as sending you information about our products and services for marketing purposes and promotions;
- Preventing, detecting, investigating and taking action against crimes (including but not limited to fraud and other financial crimes), any other illegal activities, suspected fraud, or violations of our Terms and Conditions of Use within any jurisdiction;
- To the extent required for identity verification, government sanctions screening and due diligence checks.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- Establishing, exercising or defending legal rights in connection with legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings) and seeking professional or legal advice in relation to such legal proceedings.
- User Information received from other sources: Website will combine such information with information given by the User and information collected about the User for their legitimate interests (where considered that these are not overridden by any User(s) rights). Such information along with the combined information shall be used for the purposes as mentioned above.
3. Promotional updates and communications
- Website will share promotional updates and communications with User where applicable. Where permitted and in accordance with the Company’s legitimate interest, the website will use the User’s personal information (does not include Sensitive Medical Information) for marketing analysis and to provide the User with promotional update(s), communications by email, telephone, text messages, in-application messages and/or push messages about new products and/or services.
- The Website may also share user personal information with third-party social media and other partner platforms in order to provide you with promotional update communications.
- The User can object to such marketing at any time by contacting our Grievance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Sharing of Information
- We may share your information with certain third parties as set forth below:
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. The information shared on this website may be shared with third-party vendors and service providers who support this website such as, by providing technical infrastructure services, business analytics services, and data processing services (who process User’s personal data on behalf of the website) in accordance with the applicable Data Protection Laws. This includes supporting the services offered through the site such as; data hosting services, providing fulfilment services, distributing and communication being sent, supporting or updating marketing lists, facilitating feedback on services and providing IT support services from time to time.
- Partners. The information may also be shared with the entities that make up the Service Providers (“Partners”).
- Experts. Some information relating to a user, which does not include Sensitive Medical Information may be shared with our Experts.
- Any member of the group, which mean and include subsidiaries, ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, who support the processing of personal data under this policy.
- Legal and safety: Disclosure of information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, detect fraud, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of the website, it’s affiliates, owner, users, or the public at large is allowed. Apart from this, if the Company is bound under any additional duty to disclose or share User’s personal data in order to comply with legal obligations or under the compulsion of any law, such data/ information sharing will be allowed.
- Business transfers: Sharing of information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, that the Company may have already entered into or will enter into through future agreements.
- With your consent: Sharing of information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information and pursuant to your consent, for the furtherance of any service being rendered on the website. For instance, if you request for services as a customer, then we will share only such personal information in order to facilitate and complete the services.
- Any access to third-party services, such as Facebook, Google and any other linked sites, accessed through the Platform are outside the control of the Company. These third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Website and any other information in accordance with their respective privacy policies. The Company will not be responsible for any such third-party collection of information;
- User Information may also be shared with carefully selected partners who may be specifically of interest to the User in order to fulfil their requirements. These companies may contact the User by post, email, telephone or fax for exploring job opportunities, marketing or other promotional purposes.
5. Legal obligations for processing Information
- Website relies on a variety of legal grounds to process data, including:
- as necessary to fulfil site Terms;
- consistent with User consent, which the User can revoke at any time;
- as necessary to comply with legal obligations;
- to protect Users vital interests, or those of others;
- as necessary in the public interest; and
- as necessary for the Platforms (or others’) legitimate interests, including any interests in providing an innovative personalized, safe and profitable service to User and/or it’s partners, unless those interests are overridden by User interests or fundamental rights or freedoms that require protection of personal data.
- Consent to these terms may be withdrawn at any time. Such withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing based on consent obtained before its withdrawal. However, once withdrawn, the company/website/platform may not be able to provide you with all or certain of its features and/or services.
- Under applicable laws, User has the:
- Right to access, rectify, port, and erase the information collected by the website, which you can exercise by contacting the Grievance Officer at email@example.com
- Right to restrict and object to certain processing of User information.
- Right to withdraw consent- where the processing of User’s personal information by the Website is based on consent;
- Right to object to and restrict certain processing of data which includes- the right to object to processing of their data for direct marketing purposes, which you can exercise by contacting the Grievance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to object to the processing of their data where the Company is performing a task in the public interest or pursuing their own legitimate interests or those of a third party, and
- Right to opt out at any time, not allowing any further access to an Users personal information and apply to delete the personal information stored with Website.
- Users may delete their information at any time by contacting the Grievance Officer at, email@example.com.
6. Storage of Information
- Data Storage:User acknowledges and agrees that all information, content and data entered into the website and/or application will be securely stored by the Website at designated data centres using AWS (Amazon Web Services) in accordance with all applicable laws. We shall use physical and technical security measures to protect User Data, including, but not limited to, encrypted data connections to designated data centres, encrypted data storage, firewalls, and electronic surveillance of designated data centres.
- We maintain security standards and procedures designed to prevent unauthorized access to your data by anyone, including our staff. We use commercially reasonable means such as (but not limited to) data encryption, firewalls and server authentication to protect the security of your personal information. The Company and our staff and any third parties hired to provide support services will be required to observe our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance. However, no information security defences are impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our platform, applications, servers or databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
- Children’s Privacy
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18, and in the event that we learn that a child under the age of 18 has provided information on the Platform, we will delete that information as soon as possible.
- Security Disclosure: The security of a User’s Personal Information is important to us however, the User understands that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
10. Data Retention
- The Website shall retain the personal data for
- as long as user has an account on the Website in order to meet contractual obligations to the User;
- As long as the personal information is needed to provide the services and operate the business;
- for a period of 3 (three) months after termination of services or closure of account by the User in order to identify any issues. If the Company is subject to or is required to resolve any legal proceedings, contractual or other similar obligations, then the information will be retained for such amount of time as required to meet such obligations. The information can be retained for other legal or regulatory requirements (e.g., mandatory data retention laws, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data that must be retained for the purposes of litigation or disputes).
- We may also retain information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services with prior permission and intimation.
- The website generally retains information until it is no longer necessary to serve the purposes for which it was collected. Following the obligations laid down under this policy shall be applied differently, on case-by-case basis, depending on components like the nature of the data, why it is/was collected and processed and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
11. Data Transfers
- If a User’s Personal Information is subject to transfer outside India, we take the necessary steps to protect your such Information in accordance with the applicable data protection laws, for data transfers from one country to another.
12. Changes to the policy
- Any changes made to this policy in the future will be posted on this page and, in relation to any substantive changes, the User shall be notified by e-mail. We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
- This policy was last updated on 8th June 2021.
13. Contact Information
- The Company as the ‘data controller’ is responsible for your information.
- The Company has also appointed a Grievance Officer in order to deal with and resolve any complaints, disputes, grievances in relation to the processing of our personal information.
- The Grievance Officer can be reached on/contacted via; email at firstname.lastname@example.org